We take a balanced approach to sustainability by weighing up various factors (e.g. environmental impact, operational effectiveness, cost, practicality) before deciding what course of action to take. While there is always room to do better, these are some of the initiatives that we are currently committed to:
- We use biodegradable cups and spoons
- We use cups that are made from sugar cane pulp, a waste in excess from sugar cane juice extraction.
- We encourage customers to bring their own insulated cooler bags when buying pints for take-away and enjoy $1 off (terms & conditions apply)
- We sort and recycle our waste, where possible
- We charge a nominal cost for extra packaging requested by customers to encourage a culture of responsible consumption
- We are happy to hear suggestions for better packaging and / or practices to improve our sustainability efforts
Terms & Conditions for "Bring your own cooler bag"
1. Applies to any sealable cooler bag
2. Applies to take-home gelato purchase only
- Min. order of one pint or four pre-packed cups
- Permutations of pints and pre-packed cups allowed as long as at least one pint or four pre-packed cups are purchased
3. Applies to any cooler bag including Birds of Paradise cooler bag
4. Does not apply to same-day purchase of Birds of Paradise cooler bag
5. $1 off per customer per total bill regardless of number of cooler bags used
6. Splitting of bill is not allowed